WHAT SHOULD BE AN IDEAL SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR COMBINATION SKIN TYPES?
Combination skin can be a task to manage. While a part of your face is oily, the other part faces dryness. In this case, people with combination skin generally face the same dilemma of how to balance this combination.
Also, one of the most taxing tasks for combination skin types is choosing the right products. The key for great combo skin products is finding a balance between those that moisturize dry areas, without making your face greasy in areas prone to more sebum production and shine. What you can also do is look for products that have natural ingredients, including natural fragrances because artificially produced fragrances can be extremely irritating to dry skin areas, stirring up inflammation and prompting more clogged pores and breakouts.
Moving on, let’s look at an ideal skincare routine that can help maintain combination skin types better.
- Cleanse your face gently- First thing in the morning for any skin type is cleansing. This is ideal because, in the course of the night, your face has created impurities and produced excess oil. Using a cleanser helps you remove those impurities and prepare your face for the next step in your skincare routine.
- Exfoliate- The trick with exfoliation for combination skin is to not go overboard with it. You may use a gentle exfoliator for unclogging pores and removing dead skin cells. Remember to not use an exfoliator that’s too harsh because it will possibly trigger additional inflammation.
- Eye Cream- To maintain a healthy and fresh look, it is imperative to not skip this step. Use an eye cream to prevent dehydration and dark, unsightly circles. You don’t have to use it a lot, just a little, and massage it with mellow hands.
- Moisturizing well- Moisturizing combination skin is one of the trickiest things. You definitely don’t want to apply anything too heavy that further shines up your T-Zone while wanting to make sure the drier areas of your skin are getting evenly hydrated. The ideal thing to do here is to apply a lightweight cream that is gentle yet effective.
- Never forget the sunscreen- Protecting from sun damage is important for every skin type. However, as far as combination skin is concerned, you might want to look for formulas that are lightweight and have a matte finish.
And there you are all set to slay the shenanigans of the day with a brighter and healthier-looking skin.